Napa Valley is famous for its wines and wineries. We love highlighting some of our favorite wineries in our Napa Valley Winery spotlights. This week, we’re featuring V. Sattui Winery.
About V. Sattui Winery
V. Sattui was originally founded in 1885 by Vittorio and Katerina Sattui–but it was called St. Helena Wine Cellars. Sadly, Vittorio had to close it in 1920 due to Prohibition. Nearly 60 years later, Vittorio’s great-grandson Dario reopened the winery as V. Sattui Winery.
V. Sattui believes great winemaking starts in the vineyard. This is why they use only the best sustainable and organic vineyard practices, and harvest each grape at its peak flavor. They perfectly combine tradition with innovation to produce rich, complex wines with incredible flavor.
Wine tastings and tours
At this historic Napa Valley winery you can schedule various types of tastings and tours:
- Reserve Tower Tasting ($40/person)
- Relax in luxury in the iconic Tower Tasting Room. Enjoy a hearty sampling of award-winning Single-Vineyard and Reserve Cabernets.
- Member for a Day Tasting ($35/person)
- Experience the member-only Members’ Cellar Club and get a sneak peek into the perks of membership
- Marketplace Tasting ($20/person)
- One of V. Sattui Winery’s extremely knowledgeable and friendly wine-tenders will customize your experience to your tastes
- Wine & Food Pairing ($75/person)
- For two hours of fun, interesting “edu-tainment,” sign up for this tasting. Take a brief tour of the Estate vineyard before the tasting, and then prepare your senses to be amazed when you try the six incredible wine and food pairings.
- Cabernet Season Pairings ($40/person)
- From November through March, learn about the king of wines, Cabernet Sauvignon, and its surprising versatility. With three options to choose from, you’ll discover the balance between surprising flavors and gain a new perspective on wine pairings.
- Daily tours ($35/adult; $15/child)
- Take a tour through V. Sattui Winery’s history and current operations. This guided exploration of the Winery Estate helps tell the story of the winery. At the end of the tour, each guest (aged 21+) will receive a complimentary wine tasting.
Whether you come to V. Sattui Winery for tasting, tours, or an event, you’ll be enchanted with your experience. V. Sattui is less than a 15-minute walk from El Bonita Motel, so you can enjoy your wine and easily return to the comfort of your room.